Industry: Building Services
Benefits: pension and travel allowence
One of my newest clients in Central London is now looking for BID writer/coordinator to join their Building Services team. The company is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. They work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle. The company has been established over 30 years ago and is has got now a skilled team of engineers, surveyors, technical specialists, consultants and project managers operating across the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
Responsibilities for BID Writer
• Working with other members of the bid team, act as principal Bid Writer for SQ/ITT submissions across the business
• Work and develop relationships with technical teams and other internal stakeholders to produce content, acting as QA/editor where required
• Participate in post-tender feedback reviews and use lessons learned to undertake revision and improvements to answer texts
• Dissect bid requirements and circulate documents to relevant teams to coordinate Bid/No Bid processes and associated legal checks
• Coordination of virtual bid teams and personal input to create compliant high quality PQQ/ITT responses and presentations
• Document management and coordination of reviews, including undertaking amendments to achieve bid sign-off
• Management of submission to deadlines via electronic or hard copy submission methods
• Act as mentor/provide instruction and support to junior team members, with a key focus on bid writing best practice
• Undertake wider reviews/QA duties for the team, and assisting with production of collateral and content banks as required
• Line manage and provide development support to bid coordinator/other support resources to achieve both personal and team objectives
• Provide QA assistance to collateral team as required
• Undertaking other ad-hoc responsibilities that may arise in order to achieve the delivery of the Bid Management plan
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ in the property or construction consultancy sector.
• good knowledge on BID writing for winning submissions across public and private sector opportunities. Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Experience in coordinating bid projects from start to completion.
• APMP qualification and commitment to CPD a distinct advantage
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to liaise effectively with both internal stakeholders and external clients.
• Should have excellent attention to detail and organisational ability and be able to prioritise multiple demands effectively to tight deadlines.
• Ability to influence and gain respect from senior management.
• IT literate - must be able to use MS Office (Word, Excel, PP) and D365 to a high standard.
• Highly organised, self-motivated and reliable.
• Can-do attitude with ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team when necessary.
• Uses initiative and able to learn independently.