Building Services Manager – Construction
Industry: Building Services
Benefits: pension and private healthcare
A Main Contractor with expertise in Construction building projects across numerous sectors including Commercial, Healthcare and Education. They have a UK turnover in excess of £1 billion per annum and Regional offices around the UK. They take every aspect of Construction to the highest level of quality which includes an already established Building Services management team offering support to all its staff and Building Services contractors.
They are involved in a number of multi-£m Healthcare/Hospital projects involving complex Building Services engineering.
This project is a £150m Hospital New-Build project, with a two year program. This is a Procure 22 project, your role as Building Services manager is to assist in the pre-construction phase and project delivery during the construction and commissioning phases.
• management of the review of clients’ specification
• review of Building Services design and design development up to the Guaranteed Maximum Price
• provision of Building Services technical and contractual support during detailed pre-construction and construction
Working within a Building Services Management team within a main contractor, you will liaise with appointed sub-contractors and the client, ensuring that the Building Engineering services are delivered to agreed plans, time-scales and costs, whilst maintaining the highest quality standards.
You will have working knowledge of Building Services engineering within Hospital New-Builds.
The role is to support the Construction Manager in driving the installation progress of Building Services works, manage design deliverables and change control on site, ensuring the project stays on programme and built to the required specification.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering qualifications within a Mechanical or Electrical Building Services discipline
• Previous employment working with an established Main Contractor
• A Strong understanding of NHS, P22 and Hospital/Healthcare environments
This is an excellent opportunity to join a quality construction company with a full order book for 2021 and beyond.