Graduate Sustainability Consultant
Benefits: pension and healthcare
One of my oldest clients within engineering and design practice is now looking for a Graduate Sustainability Consultant to join our expanding Sustainability Group in Manchester.
As part of the larger organisation, the Sustainability Group provides a wide range of services across building design to both the internal and external client. The company has got over 200 employees in the UK and Ireland and many offices located in Manchester, London, Bristol and Dublin.
As a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, my client offers a unique opportunity to work on large, high profile projects within interdisciplinary design teams. You will take a leading role on our diverse project portfolio, both now and in the future.
• Providing high level consultation and solutions for zero carbon development (both operational and embodied).
• Producing zero carbon energy and climate change strategies, frameworks and briefing documents.
• Assisting the wider team in undertaking environmental assessments such as BREEAM and SKA.
• Producing planning documents such as environmental sustainability statements.
• Upskilling the wider BDP teams on zero carbon design.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications and previous experience:
You should have a relevant qualification in environmental design and/or a sustainability related subject.
Required technical skills include:
• The production of professional reports, and design guidance as appropriate, at the early stage of building design.
• Working knowledge of environmental and sustainability legislation and its applicability to UK development.
• Knowledge of environmental assessments such as BREEAM, SKA and LEED.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• IES Virtual Environment
• Autodesk BIM / CAD software
• Low carbon energy assessor
• BREEAM accredited assessor or experience in delivering environmental assessments.
• WELL Building Standard accreditation.