Intermediate Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
Location: Home Counties
Our client, a tier one main contracting business, is renowned nationally for their expertise within the construction field. Operating across a variety of regional business units, they operate on projects from £5m to £50m
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to lead the commercial team. You will be involved on projects in the Education sector covering Classrooms to Sports Halls and RC Frame Residential flats. This will be a diverse role and you will also get involved in a range of other sectors. It is imperative you already have experience of working on one or more contracts with project values to £10m as a number one or a larger scheme as a number two Quantity Surveyor. To be considered, you will need the ability to contribute within the team (working off your own initiative and motivation when needed), and have a passion for getting involved with the work, combining your skills, experience and resourcefulness, within a systematic approach.
Qualifications & Experience
Commercial & Contractual
• Analysis of tender allowances
• The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
• Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
• Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
• Subcontract and Design Procurement
• Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
• Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
• Preparation of cost to complete
• Cash management and maximisation
• Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
• Provision of standard reports
• Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
In return you will be offered the opportunity to work of some of the UK’s most exciting projects, coupled with the knowledge that each day is going to bring a new challenge. Salary and package is negotiable for the right individual, and membership fees are also provided.
If this is a Quantity Surveying post that interests you, please use the apply link or contact Darren West at BSV Recruitment on email@example.com.