Junior Electrical Design Engineer
Location: High Wycombe
Sector: building services
Benefits: pension and private healthcare
About the company:
This company is medium sized Building Services consultancy who have been providing Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health engineering solutions for over 30 years. With excellent staff retention, it is through their continuing success that they wish to appoint a Junior Electrical Design engineer (Building Services).
Through their delivery of quality, sustainable Electrical Design engineering solutions, their workload has increased. They have projects within Education, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Hotel & Leisure located across the UK
This Building Services consultancy require a motivated and aspiring Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Hertfordshire. The company offers an excellent career progression and will sponsor the right candidate to become a Chartered Engineer.
Reporting to and mentored by a Senior Electrical Engineer you will create design for power, lighting, security systems for a variety of different projects including apartments, offices, warehouses, shops etc.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Adhering to RIBA stages A to F
• Liaising with architects and contractors.
• Fire alarm design
• Lighting calculation using Dialux
• Lighting management implementation
• Circuitry lighting and small power
• Electrical Load Assessment
• Lighting calculation using ReluxPro
• Plantroom and risers sizing
• LV design using Amtech ProDesign software
Qualifications & Experience
You should have demonstrable knowledge of Electrical Design engineering within Building Services which includes the use of of Amtech, Relux/Dialux; BIM experience will be advantageous but not essential. Also:
• Minimum Degree qualification in Electrical Design Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years of Electrical Building Services Consultancy Design experience
• Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.)