Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: North London
One of my clients in London area who is an established award winning company with an exceptional portfolio of completed projects is now looking for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join their building services team in London office. The company was formed in 1995 by 2 Directors and they have expanded to the team of 30 Engineers in their office now. The company has grown purely on relationship marketing and they can offer a great training and the opportunity to progress as well to the Senior Level.
A Mechanical Design Engineer with demonstrable knowledge of reviewing drawings, surveying existing installations and designing HVAC systems (Fan Coil Units, VAV etc). Most of the work is Mechanical design engineering to a mixture of projects including education, industrial, residential and retail projects providing HVAC mechanical services solutions.
You will see projects through from concept to hand-over, working closely with estimating and project management departments. Duties will include:
• involvement in the design of HVAC systems to enable both new and existing systems
• creating new ventilation ductwork systems, CHW & LTHW systems etc, Head Load, Cooling Load calculations, onsite visits, meetings and communicating with various clients, architects, and sub-contractors etc
• Coordination with electrical counterparts
• take the Mechanical HVAC engineering lead for several projects as your technical knowledge improves
• provide information to create the technical AutoCAD drawings for each project
• carry out value engineering
Qualifications & Experience
• A demonstrable knowledge of Mechanical Building Services design obtained with either a Mechanical HVAC contractor or Building Services consultancy environment
• Mechanical Engineering qualifications from HNC level related to Building Services.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience : 1 year.
• Software : Hevacomp or Cymap or IES.
• Design Experience: Pipe and duct sizing, layout design of heating and ventilation and public health.
• Familiarity with carrying SAP calculations.
• Basically we need a candidate has some basic experience and understand the fundamentals of the mechanical design.