11001 Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: West London
Sector: Building Services
Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Our client has been in operation for over 30 years. They specialise in the "Design and Build" of Building Services Data Centre Building Services and Mission Critical buildings. They offer a specialist service and have now built a recognised and award-winning reputation for outstanding design and construction. They are trusted by Data Centre clientele with their loyal and unfaltering approach to design and installation. Their follow-up approach to completed projects leads to repeat business and fantastic client relations. Their projects are located across Europe and they are now offering, a mechanical building services design engineer, a great opportunity to further their engineering career in this ever-growing sector.
The ideal Mechanical Design engineer will work within a team environment and will be providing mechanical building services design solutions for Data Centre and mission critical environments. You will be working with other MEP engineers, paying particular attention to environmental sustainability, energy efficiency and building physics efficiency. Our client makes energy efficiency a key part of their business. You will be encouraged to make Low Carbon, energy efficiency a major part of the design solution.
Your responsibilities will include the for the following tasks:
• Client Liaison and establishing a Mechanical Building Services Engineering design brief with the client
• Consultant in Mechanical & Electrical designs
• Work closely with BIM methods
• Mechanical Building Services Performance Specifications for Data Centre design and Build Contracts.
• Consultants and Contractors appointments for clients
• Surveys of the existing buildings, for replacement systems
• Preparing HVAC design concept for engineers to incorporate
• HVAC design Calculations, using Hevacomp computer software
• Preparation of design layouts for CAD
• Preparation of RIBA stage reports for client approval of design
• Co-ordination of Electrical & Mechanical Service for drawings
• Duct and pipe sizing, fan and pump pressure loss calculation software
• Selection of mechanical services equipment
• Detailed design for Tender and associated Value Engineering
• Post construction Compliance Reports.
This is a Mechanical Building Services bias role but you will liaise Electrical biased work colleagues and subcontractors.
Qualifications & Experience
You will have to show demonstrable knowledge of Mechanical Building Services design within Data Centre or similar Critical environments. The following enigneering qualifications will also be beneficial:
• A mechanical engineering degree or similar
• Knowledge of Mechanical Building Services design
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious engineer to join a growing team of design engineers within a growing Design and Build business and an expanding market sector.