Mechanical Design Engineer
Sector: building services
Benefits: pension and private healthcare
One of our newest London Commercial Fit-Out clients was established just a few years ago. Due to unprecedented success they now have a work force of over 40 staff and take on almost 100 contracts a year.
On-going success means they now require a Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services). Reporting directly to the senior Chartered Engineering manager, you will be joining a team of 10 Building Services engineers and CAD technicians.
A Mechanical Design Engineer with demonstrable knowledge of reviewing drawings, surveying existing installations and designing HVAC systems ( Fan Coil Units , VAV etc ). Most of the work is Mechanical design engineering to CAT A and CAT B projects providing HVAC mechanical services solutions.
You will see projects through from concept to hand-over, working closely with estimating and project management departments. Duties will include:
• involvement in the design of HVAC systems to enable both new and existing systems
• creating new ventilation duct work systems, CHW & LTHW systems etc, Head Load, Cooling Load calculations, onsite visits, meetings and communicating with various clients, architects and sub-contractors etc
• Coordination with electrical counterparts
• take the Mechanical HVAC engineering lead for a number of projects as your technical knowledge improves
• provide information to create the technical Auto Cad drawings for each project
• carry out value engineering
Qualifications & Experience
• A demonstrable knowledge of Mechanical Building Services design obtained with either a Mechanical HVAC contractor or Building Services consultancy environment
• Mechanical Engineering qualifications from HNC level related to Building Services
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work under pressure, to short time scales
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop as Mechanical engineer within a fast moving environment and to see your designs reach site and working.