Mechanical Design Engineer
Sector: building services
Benefits: pension and healthcare
One of our very good clients in Bristol is now looking for an experienced Graduate looking to progress your career to the next level or a Design Engineer looking for a new challenge. You will be degree qualified with a minimum of 2/3 years post qualification experience in Building Services. Your experience will include a portfolio of completed projects across a range of sectors where you have delivered high quality design solutions. The client has been established over 60 years ago and has got office all around the UK including London, Manchester, Bristol and Scotland.
A Mechanical Design Engineer with demonstrable knowledge of reviewing drawings, surveying existing installations and designing HVAC systems (Fan Coil Units, VAV etc). Most of the work is Mechanical design engineering to a mixture of projects including education, industrial, residential and retail projects providing HVAC mechanical services solutions
You will see projects through from concept to hand-over, working closely with estimating and project management departments. Duties will include:
• involvement in the design of HVAC systems to enable both new and existing systems
• creating new ventilation ductwork systems, CHW & LTHW systems etc, Head Load, Cooling Load calculations, onsite visits, meetings and communicating with various clients, architects, and sub-contractors etc
• Coordination with electrical counterparts
• take the Mechanical HVAC engineering lead for several projects as your technical knowledge improves
• provide information to create the technical AutoCAD drawings for each project
• carry out value engineering
Qualifications & Experience
• A demonstrable knowledge of Mechanical Building Services design obtained with either a Mechanical HVAC contractor or Building Services consultancy environment
• Mechanical Engineering qualifications from HNC level related to Building Services.
• Excellent communication skills
• 1 year
• Software: Hevacomp or Cymap or IES.
• Design Experience: Pipe and duct sizing, layout design of heating and ventilation and public health.
• Familiarity with carrying SAP calculations.
• Basically, we need a candidate has some basic experience and understand the fundamentals of the mechanical design.