Mechanical Project Engineer
Sector: Building Services
Benefits: Excellent Benefits
This company is a major MEP Installer who offers a full spectrum of Building Services solutions. They have an enviable network of clients that are involved with some of the country’s most high-profile Major Projects and Infrastructure contracts. They are also involved with Private and Public sector Framework agreements.
This UK Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Building Services business has been established for over 70 years and, from seven regional offices, they pride themselves on both their professional and financial delivery of projects. This leads to great Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health “repeat business” opportunities and staff retention.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer you’ll manage the Mechanical Engineering Contract part of £30m of MEP services on a major Commercial New Build Blue chip Head Quarters project – Central London. This Mechanical Project Engineer work is a new-build Commercial and Mixed-use Project. A good understanding of large scale shell and core and Cat A fit-out of a Commercial MEP/HVAC systems installation is vital:
Ideally you will:
As a Mechanical Project Engineer you will support the Contract Manager and the project team, whilst carrying out duties such as:
• Overseeing the design content with quality control to the installation, specifications and drawings,
• checking correctness of the produced design team drawings
• producing Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Inspection & Test Plans
• Producing and resolving RFI's, MCR's & NCR's, meetings with the design team, interviewing the project sub contractor's and coordinating the works on site.
• Supervising the operatives on site on a daily bases.
• Producing daily progress reports and checking through the specifications.
• Selection and ordering of plant items & materials, on site day to day coordination of subcontractors and Mechanical site teams.
• Responsibility for the Financial aspects of the project
• Organising the day-to-day activities in accordance to the project programme with the client's team and the associated sub-contractors.
• delegating or undertaking the companies Quality Assurance & Health & Safety procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
You will need to demonstrate your knowledge of Mechanical Project Engineering (Building Services) including the ability to assist the commercial manager with risk and value management to the project end.
• B.Eng/B.sc in Building Services Engineering or similar
• BTEC Higher National Diploma in Building Services Engineering or similar
• BTEC National Certificate in Building Services Engineering or similar
The company offers great salary package and an excellent opportunity for career and personal growth. This is an excellent opportunity join a well-established business and gain financial and career development. Contact Darren Warmington at BSV Recruitment. on 01483 768600 in confidence.