Mechanical Project Engineer – 20447
Location: Central London
Industry: Building Services
Our client was established almost 30 years ago as an established Commercial Cat A & Cat B/Residential Interiors fit-out business. 99% of their business is in Central London, as well as construction fit-out, they now run a successful Mechanical and Electrical Building Services department that offers commercial HVAC, Plumbing, Small Power and Lighting design and installation.
This department is fully integrated into this multi £m business The Mechanical and Electrical Building services department are now relied upon for quality and reliability.
The company now undertakes all aspects of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services engineering combining projects ranging from £50k to £3 million in value from design through to completion.
This is both a Mechanical Project Management role. You will take delivery of the completed design and coordinated system, overseeing site management from initial stages and seeing it through to hand over. You will be expected to manage a number of projects at one time.
These projects will mainly be within the Commercial, Financial and Retail sectors. The ideal Mechanical Project Engineer will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of HVAC Plant and components that include Heating Boilers and Pumping equipment, AHU, FCUs, CWC, VAV/VRV etc.
Reporting to the Construction divisional director, you will perform Mechanical Project Management/Contract duties which include co-ordinating with electrical works, assuming financial control and problem solving technical issues. Also:
• Overseeing the installation of full HVAC/Mechanical Building services works
• Co-ordinating with Electrical services colleagues
• Managing teams of Trades and Supervisors
• Quantifying all tenders to Construction issue drawings
• Monthly valuation meetings with QS, management and directors
• Site and progress meetings with builders and end user client
• Carry out risk assessments, method statements and relevant work permits
• Continued Health & Safety monitoring, toolbox talks, training, PPE checks
• Producing Variation Schedule and applying costs associated with each design change
• Producing financial cost plan reports for the Commercial Manager/ Directors
• Reviewing & Negotiating costs with specialist suppliers
• Identifying Profit & Loss Margins where applicable
• Agreeing Labour rates with all parties
• Agreeing Design Changes
• Assisting and supporting the Technical Manager and reviewing designs by Consultants.
Qualifications & Experience
• As a minimum, an ONC or HNC in Mechanical engineering would be ideal
• Be able to demonstrate HVAC/Building Services engineering/management knowledge within a Trade contracting environment
• Have previously worked with an established Electrical/HVAC/Mechanical Building Services company in Central London
This is a fantastic opportunity to joins one of London’s top 10 trade contractors and get financial and professional reward.