NEC Clerk of Works – Building Services
Industry: Building Services
Our client is a multi-disciplined international construction consultancy with an established Building Services department.
A long term contract or permanent position, a Clerk of Works – Electrical supervisor is now sought. This is a site-based electrical building services Clerk of Works role and you will be responsible for the Client side delivery of assigned major projects and supervising major Electrical building services installation projects. You will be working on behalf of a local Health Trust, the project is a multi £m Healthcare/Hospital project.
Within this post you will report directly to the Project manager within the Client’s project management team.
This role is ideal for a candidate of experience within Electrical building services supervision.
This role will be working on a Hospital new-build site.
A good understanding of Health and safety, NEC Contracts and working on Hospitals is essential, as are Electrical engineering qualifications.
As the Electrical NEC Supervisor/COW you will be responsible for inspecting a wide variety of building services installations, reporting on their completeness, quality, compliance against the design, witnessing verifications, testing and commissioning and reviewing all record documentation for accuracy, also
• Review of designs, specifications, Works Information, Scopes, technical submittals, requests for information and Early Warnings, during construction and through to Completion to ensure systems meet the Employers requirements, are commissionable and maintainable
• Attend Factory Acceptance Testing off site
• Review risk assessments and method statements before works commence
• Review commissioning documentation before works
• Good knowledge of the New Engineering Contract (NEC)
• Ability to analyse detailed electrical and Electrical design information to determine the suitability of new connections requested by Contractors
• Monitoring works against the approved programme and identify when dates slip or works, inspections, testing and commissioning activities are not accurately identified
• Managing & leading
• Decision making & strategic focus
• Resource Management
• Stakeholder management & customer focus
• Innovating & Improving
• Planning & Organising
• NEC Contract experience
Qualifications & Experience
• HND/HNC qualified in an Electrical or Electrical engineering discipline or above
• Member of professional body such as IET, CIBSE, IMechE etc (Desirable)
• Accredited NEC3 Supervisor (Desirable)