Senior Civil Structural Engineer
Industry: Building Services
Sector: civil engineering
Benefits: pension and private healthcare
One of my top clients in Hampshire has got an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to join the business due to an expansion stage. The company has been expanding for the last few years and now has got almost 20 employees in 2 offices in the South East of England. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career and develop with the growth and success of the firm. It is an an innovative, forward thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy, specialising in providing inspiring design, expert witness and advisory services to a wide range of sectors including transport (in particular rail design), residential, industrial, commercial, healthcare, education and retail and rail sector.
We Are Looking For:
- Excellent technical knowledge in civil and structural design engineering.
- Understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
- Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations, AutoCAD and/or Microstation and developing designs from first principles. Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) will be beneficial; however not essential.
- Ability to mentor and supervise graduates/junior members of staff.
- Appreciation of contract administration and project management.
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients.
- Supporting Directors’ in financial control of project(s), supporting audits e.g. RISQS/ISO, resource management and business development.
- Responsible for quality of our outputs.
- Previous consultancy experience of a minimum of 3 years
- To act in the roles of CRE.
Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered MICE or MIStructure
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients,
- Active support in career development and professional accreditation,
- Opportunity to lead civil / structural discipline on projects and overall project leadership,
- Opportunities for career progression,