Senior Structural Engineer
Industry: Building Services
Benefits: pension and private healthcare
One of our top clients is expanding and opening an office in Kent and we are looking for somebody on a Senior level who would join a team and support few junior Engineers within Civil/Structural department. They have been been involved in many different sectors but one of the most popular types of projects is definitely rail sector. This is a good opportunity to get some inside into the rail industry and also develop within Management. The company is an innovative, forward thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy, specialising in providing inspiring design, expert witness and advisory services to a wide range of sectors including transport (in particular rail design), residential, industrial, commercial, healthcare, education and retail.
We Are Looking For
• Excellent technical knowledge in civil and structural design engineering.
• Understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
• Proficiency in report and specification writing, calculations, AutoCAD and/or Microstation and developing designs from first principles. Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) will be beneficial; however not essential.
• Ability to mentor and supervise graduates/junior members of staff.
• Appreciation of contract administration and project management.
• Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients.
• Supporting Directors’ in financial control of project(s), supporting audits e.g. RISQS/ISO, resource management and business development.
• Responsible for quality of our outputs.
• To act in the roles of CRE.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is advantageous and previous exposure into rail sector would be a good addition to the team