The Company (BSV Recruitment Limited) is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
a) Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
b) Legitimate interest
This is where the Company has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing your database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Contacting the individual to seek your consent where you need it;
- Providing work-finding services to the individual, including sending their information to your clients where they have demonstrated an interest in doing that particular type of work but not expressly consented to you passing on their cv
- Contacting the individual with information about similar products or services that they have used from you recently.
c) Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Our Clients that we introduce or supply individuals to
- Candidates’ former or prospective new employers that we obtain or provide references to
- Any other third parties who carry out audits to ensure that we run our business correctly
- Payroll service providers who manage your payroll on your behalf
- Any umbrella companies that we pass candidate data to
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain (e.g. master/neutral vendors and second tier suppliers);
- Our legal advisers
- Our CRM providers
- Any public information sources and third party organisations that you may use to carry out suitability checks on work-seekers e.g. Companies House, CSCS etc
- Government, law enforcement agencies and other regulators e.g the Police, Home Office, HMRC, Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate (EASI), Local Authority Designated Officers (LADOs), GLAA,
- Any of our group companies
d) Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data.
As a Recruitment business, BSV Recruitment Limited must collect certain personal data to meet statutory obligations, such as the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. We have to check identity, right to work, suitability for the role, qualifications and experience. As such if a recruitment business does not or cannot do all of these checks it may not be able to introduce or supply a work seeker to a client.
2. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal data, which includes but is not limited to:
- Place of abode
- Email addresses and contact telephone numbers
- Existing/target remuneration
- Current employer details
we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your [personal data].
3) Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting BSV Data control Officer, of BSV Recruitment Limited.
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
We may obtain data about you from cookies. These are are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies also enable us to deliver more personalised content.
Please visit the following webpage which explains the cookies we use and why.
5) Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
6) Links to external websites
The Company’s website may contains links to other external websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Company’s website.
7) Sale of business
If the Company’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
8) Data Security
The Company takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. Security measures include using the latest Internet Firewall and CRM systems, as well as professional IT security 3rd party support.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, consultants, our accounts clerk or a marketing assistant) are granted access to your information.
The Company uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email/ the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason the Company cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email/ the Internet.
If you share a device with others we recommend that you do not select the “remember my details” function when that option is offered.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can email your BSV contact or firstname.lastname@example.org
9) Changes to this privacy statement
We will update this privacy statement from time to time. We will post any changes on the statement with revision dates. If we make any material changes, we will notify you.
10. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:
BSV Data control Officer, BSV Recruitment Limited – 01483 768600
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.